Saturday 24 August 2019

Handbag Calamity

A friend on social media asked: “When Spring Cleaning your bag, what is the strangest thing you've found, or perhaps something you usually have that others don't”. It brought back a memory that still makes me blush. No, not for that reason, you naughty people!

A can of Ambrosia Cream Rice with 30% extra... much to the amusement of the colleague who’d asked if he could borrow an emery board.

He said “I thought it was meant to be half a brick in case you were attacked?” I replied that this was better as you had a handy snack having worked up a hunger beating the shit out of cheeky workmates with it.

I’d gone shopping on my way home from work as there was a Morrison’s between my office and Paddington station a few weeks before. I’d been wondering why my bag was so heavy 🙄.

What was worse was that I’d upended my bag on my desk in frustration looking for said emery board. The can had trundled across my metal desk, hit the floor with a sturdy thump, rolled across the floor and hit a third colleague’s desk with a loud clang.

No comments:

Post a Comment