Saturday 5 February 2011

Good News


As some of you may remember, one of the joints in my spine broke shortly after I was made redundant two years ago. Well, the benefits office originally ruled that this condition did not impair my ability to work in any way. Well, my tribunal appealing this ruling was finally heard today.

I won my appeal. It only took the lawyer and doctor hearing it two minutes to make their decision.

I don't suppose for one minute that this will mean any financial support from the state, I just feel vindicated as the original decision made me feel like I'd been called a liar.

Still not sure it's really sunk in yet.

I also have a date for counselling for my depression next week and a date at the end of the month for an epidural injection.

All I need now is a bloody job! LOL

3 comments:

  1. I still think you should get some financial support for this...!!!! Go for it Fee, you deserve it, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray, thank goodness!!
    thanks for sharing the good news, Fee.
    cheering you on,
    cv

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news! Glad you are taking care of yourself re depression and your back. These are hard times for many. You are smart and brave and will come through it all. There's work for you in this world, m'dear. You'll have it. xo, Diana

    ReplyDelete