Tuesday 22 February 2011

Libya

I watch TV with tears in my eyes and horror in my heart as I watch Muammar Gaddafi's security forces rip the bodies of Libya's citizens apart with their weapons.

Nato condemn their actions as genocide. Malta reports a pair of fighter pilots seeking asylum rather than carrying out their orders to bomb their own people. Libya's diplomats resign in disgust. State leaders issue statements declaring that Libya's citizens have the right to peaceful protest and urge their own citizens to flee the country.

Words are a pitiful response to such a massacre. Words are inadequate to describe the courage of those still raising their voices in protest.

Tonight, every one of those of us living in peace should take time to remember the priceless value of that, offer a prayer for Libya and petition our own leaders to act.

From Scribblings

1 comment:

  1. Very well put Fee, I've been moved to tears reading this and promise not to complain about trivia in my life!!

    ReplyDelete