Monday 27 June 2016

Brexit MP Slapdown

Despite the momentous trial of a Referendum into the UK's membership of the EU, I took the decision not to write a lot of political opinion here (unlike me I know). Instead I am simply going to run a 'tickertape' of the my Facebook posts I feel are most worth highlighting. Enjoy!

Letter dated 26/06/2016

"Dear Rt Hon John Bercow MP,
I hope you are well and have not resigned since I wrote this letter.
In your capacity as Speaker for the House of Commons: If there are any MPs still willing to due their duty before collecting their paycheck, would you please ask them to lead this country?
The very obvious lack of strategy in the event of the UK electorate having voted to exit the EU is a deplorable abrogation of responsibility.
I would like to thank the House of Lords for at least considering the impact of Brexit and writing a thoughtful piece on the most likely path to resolution post Article 50 being invoked.
In short, the UK electorate would appreciate the House not fiddling whilst Rome burns.
Yours, a very concerned voter and UK citizen,
Fiona Wilson.
Reading, Berkshire
cc Alok Sharma MP (again, assuming your haven't resigned)."

No comments:

Post a Comment